How to Get a Library Card
- Any resident of the City of Rolling Meadows is entitled to a library card. Minors must have a parent or guardian sign a responsibility statement.
- Any nonresident, who as an individual, or as a partner, principal stockholder, or other joint owner, owns taxable property, or is a senior administrative officer of a firm, business, or other corporation owning taxable property within the City of Rolling Meadows, shall be entitled to a library card. As per State law, this privilege is extended to only one such nonresident for each parcel of taxable property within the City.
- The person obtaining the card is responsible for all use made of the card.
- A current library card must be presented each time a patron wishes to checkout material, reserve material, or use the computer lab.
- Each card is issued for a period of three years with the right of renewal upon valid proof of residency.
- Library cards are also available for short term residents. Please call the Circulation Desk for information (847/259-6050).
Any person applying for a library card must provide two forms of identification verifying proof of residency in Rolling Meadows. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Driver's License
- Current mail
- Personal checks
- Property tax bill
- Current utility bill
- Voter's registration card
- School identification card
- Reciprocal Cards
- The Rolling Meadows Library will honor all valid reciprocal cards issued by any public library in Illinois subject to circulation and computer usage policies.
- Courtesy library cards issued by another public library will not be honored.
- Proof of identification (see "Identification" above) is also required.
- Non-Resident Paid Card
The term "nonresident" means an individual residing in Illinois who does not have his/her principal residence within the territory of a public library service area. State law governs the issuance of nonresident cards. Please call the library for further information (847/259-6050).
- Replacement Cards
- Patrons are responsible for reporting cards lost or stolen.
- A $1.00 replacement fee will be charged.