How to Get a Library Card
- Any resident of the City of Rolling Meadows is entitled to a library card. Minors must have a parent or guardian sign a responsibility statement.
- Any nonresident, who as an individual, or as a partner, principal stockholder, or other joint owner, owns taxable property, or is a senior administrative officer of a firm, business, or other corporation owning taxable property within the City of Rolling Meadows, shall be entitled to a library card. As per State law, this privilege is extended to only one such non-resident for each parcel of taxable property within the City.
- The person obtaining the card is responsible for all use made of the card.
- A current library card must be presented each time a patron wishes to checkout or reserve material.
- Each card is issued for a period of three years with the right of renewal upon valid proof of residency.
- Library cards are also available for short term residents. Please call the Circulation Desk for information (847-259-6050).
Any person applying for a library card must provide two forms of identification verifying proof of residency in Rolling Meadows. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Driver's License
- Current mail
- Personal checks
- Property tax bill
- Current utility bill
- Voter's registration card
- School identification card
- Reciprocal Cards
- The Rolling Meadows Library will honor all valid reciprocal cards issued by any public library in Illinois subject to circulation policies.
- Courtesy library cards issued by another public library will not be honored.
- Proof of identification (see "Identification" above) is also required.
- Non-Resident Paid Card
The term "non-resident" means an individual residing in Illinois who does not have his/her principal residence within the territory of a public library service area. State law governs the issuance of nonresident cards. Please call the library for further information (847-259-6050).
- Replacement Cards
- Patrons are responsible for reporting cards lost or stolen.
- A $1.00 replacement fee will be charged.
Cómo Obtener Una Tarjeta de la Biblioteca
If you would prefer to fill out a library card application electronically, please choose either the English or Spanish verison of the application form below. You will then need to print out the application and bring it with you to the library. The applications are PDF files and Adobe Reader 9.0 or newer is required to view them. Click here to download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
English Version Spanish (Español) Version