Most items can be renewed twice if they are not already on reserve (hold) for another patron. There are three ways you can renew materials at the Rolling Meadows Library. You may come into the library and renew your materials at our Circulation Desk. You may also renew your materials by phone with our automated telephone renewal system, and also online from any computer connected to the internet by using the "My Record" page. Please see below for instructions on how to renew your library materials by phone and online.
Our automated telephone renewal system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To renew your materials by phone, call 847-259-BOOK (2665). You will need your library card barcode number and the barcode number of the materials you wish to renew.
To renew your materials online, follow the instructions below:
- Login to "My Record" by clicking here or by clicking on the "My Record Login" link on the library's home page.
- In the "Your Name" box, enter the name on your library account.
- In the "Barcode" box, enter the 14 digit barcode from the back of your library card. Rolling Meadows card holders may omit the "21270" and just enter the 9 digits that follow, including any zeros.
- In the "Enter your PIN" box, enter your Personal Identification Number. If you are unsure what your PIN number is, you can try the last four digits of your phone number, or contact the Circulation Desk at 847-259-6050 and ask that your PIN be deleted. For privacy and security, Circulation Desk staff are unable to determine your current PIN, they can only delete it, which will allow you to choose a new PIN the next time you login. If this is a new account and you do not have a PIN number yet, leave this box blank and you will be prompted to create a PIN.
- Click on the "Submit" button.
- You should now see a list of the items you have checked out. If not, click on the "...Items currently checked out" link on the upper left hand side.
- To request renewal of a particular item or items, in the "Renew" column, click on the small check box to the left of each item you wish to renew. When finished, click on the "Renew Selected" button located above the list of items.
- To request renewal of all items you have checked out, click on the "Renew All" button located above the list of items.
- If a renewal request is successful, you will see a new due date in the "Status" column along with the number of times that item has been renewed. If a renewal request was unsuccessful, you will see a reason in the "Status" column. Some of the reasons items cannot be renewed are: you have item(s) overdue and/or outstanding fines, there is a hold on the item for another patron, the item has already been renewed twice, or the item is not renewable such as popular videos, DVDs, and Top of the Charts books.